Drinking water is crucial to sustain life but the contamination of source water decreases water quality and leads to unsafe drinking water supplies. Understanding where drinking water comes from and what affects the quality of it can help protect it. Below are a variety of resources focused on protecting water quality and water sources to ensure safe drinking water.
- Indiana-Illinois Sea Grant: Water Supply
- Michigan State University Extension: Water Quality
- University of Minnesota Water Resources Center: Supply, Quantity, and Quality
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Water: Drinking Water and Water Wells
- University of Nebraska-Lincoln Water: Water Sources
- Water Quality in North Dakota
- Drinking Water Quality: Testing and Interpreting Your Results
- Home Water Supply Tests
- Protecting Your Water Source: What’s the Condition of Your Water Well?
- Lessons Learned in Developing Social Indicators for Regional Water Quality Management
- Water in South Dakota Stakeholder Guided Strategies for Moving Forward
- What is Groundwater?