The Current is a speed networking webinar series for professionals engaged in water-related extension, research, and conservation activities. The North Central Region Water Network and Extension Directors from all 12 North Central states are sponsoring this series to highlight the best water-related research and Extension programming in the region. Webinars will run for 60 minutes, with three 10-minute project snapshots and 30 minutes of QA/peer-to-peer interaction.
Harmful Algal Blooms: A look beyond nutrients
Wednesday, September 13th at 2pm CT
When it comes to harmful algal blooms (HABs), we know high nutrient loads are often the culprit. But more and more research is uncovering mysteries into the causes of these blooms – that go beyond nutrients. Tune into this edition of The Current Webinar as we hear from three researchers who are studying the causes of HABs outside of nutrients alone.
- Rebecca North, Assistant Professor at the University of Missouri, in Columbia, Missouri
- Ted Harris, Aquatic Ecologist at the Kansas Biological Survey
- Glenn O’Neil, Environmental Scientist and GIS Specialist for the Institute of Water Research at Michigan State University
Most Recent Webinar:
A Future Focused on Water: A Look at New and Expanded Funding Opportunities
Wednesday, August 9th at 2pm CT – View the Recording
This edition of The Current Webinar Series explored additional State Revolving Fund dollars and new funding and expanding program flexibility for conservation ag programs and how water professionals can take advantage of these opportunities!
- Becca Trueman, SRF Watershed Coordinator, Mississippi River Basin, Quantified Ventures
- Jesse Womack, Policy Specialist, National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition