- This event has passed.
Managing Soil: Maximizing Profit
December 3, 2019 @ 8:45 am - 4:00 pm$20
SDSU Extension in collaboration with the Soil & Water Conservation Society will host Managing Soil: Maximizing Profit 2019 workshop in Sioux Falls December 3, 2019 at the Taopi Hall (102 E. 3rd St., Colton, SD 57018). Registration begins at 8:45 and the workshop runs from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Kelly Cooper, Research Agronomist – NDSU Carrington Research Extension Center
- Dr. Ray Ward, Chairman of the Board – Ward Labs
- Dr. Miranda Meehan, Environmental Stewardship Specialist – NDSU Extension
- Dr. Andrea Bjornestad, SDSU Extension Mental Health Specialist
- Dr. Peter Sexton, Associate Professor & SDSU Extension Sustainable Cropping Systems Specialist, SDSU Southeast Research Farm Manager
- Financial Panel – Jack Davis, SDSU Extension Crops Business Management Field Specialist, Jayson Plamp – First Dakota Bank, Julie Underwood – TruCount CPA, Carl Johnson – Hurley & Associates, Chet Edinger – Edinger Brothers Farm.
- Crop Rotation
- Soil Resiliency and Soil Health Testing
- Integration of Livestock in Cropping Systems
- Highlights from Gold Sponsors
- Challenges on the Farm
- Soil Health Research at the SERF
- Addressing Farm Finances and Concerns in 2019
Registration deadline is Nov. 22, to register for this one-day workshop, visit the SDSU Extension Events page, and search by the December 3 event date, or call 605.995.7378. To help cover costs, registration is $20 and includes lunch. CCA credits are available. To learn more, contact Sara Bauder, SDSU Extension Agronomy Field Specialist by email.