Midwest DEWS Regional Partner Meeting
November 19 @ 8:00 am - November 20 @ 12:00 pm
Please join NOAA for the 2019 Midwest Drought Early Warning System (DEWS) Regional Partner Meeting, which will bring together federal, state, tribal, local, academic, and other partners from across multiple sectors in the Midwest to share and explore information and ideas that advance drought early warning and preparedness in this 8-state region.
- To provide partners in the Midwest region an opportunity to network and learn from one another on the topic of drought early warning and preparedness.
- To share success stories, challenges, and innovative ideas on drought planning and preparedness.
- To discuss complex topics like the rapid transition from flood to drought and back again, and how we – as a DEWS network – can address these issues together to reduce the negative impact on Midwest residents.
- To learn about new data and information that is available to Midwest partners for drought monitoring, forecasting, planning, and communication.
- To give partners an update on the activities in the Midwest DEWS Strategic Plan, and to provide the opportunity to discuss what activities and/or topics should be added, removed, or modified in the Plan.
If you are interested in providing a 5-minute lightning talk or bringing a poster that will be displayed at the meeting, please send Molly Woloszyn a brief paragraph describing what you would like to present by Friday, October 18. We are interested in learning about any projects, resources/tools, research, or other topics related to drought. Please also indicate in your email whether you are interested in the 5-minute lightning talk, a poster, or both. The planning team will inform interested presenters by October 30 at the latest!