- This event has passed.
Alternative Forage and Cover Crop Workshop
June 11, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Join the USDA for an educational meeting of producers and industry professionals with
presentations as well as open discussion for all. Area NRCS and South Dakota Soil Health Coalition will be present to share experiences and knowledge regarding
cover crops, alternative forages, and soil health.
- Planting options following a delayed spring
- Forage seeding windows, what to plant, and potential returns on investment
- Livestock: Nutritional quality of different alternative forages and cover crops
- Soil Health and Cover Crops: Principles and Practical Application
- Functions of different cover crop species
- Choosing a cover crop blend to fit your goals
- Using livestock to create revenue from cover crops
Persons requiring special accommodations or materials in an alternate format please contact Matt Odden at (605) 342-0301 x 3 or email@example.com 1 week prior to the event.