- This event has passed.
Watershed Specialist Training
The Minnesota Watershed Specialist Training is designed to help staff from SWCDs, WDs, tribes, counties, and cities strengthen their ability to protect water resources. It is entirely online so you save travel costs and interact with professionals from around the state. The course is online, interactive, and 14 weeks long (January 22-May 5). Six to eight hours of work is required each week. No travel is needed, and yet you learn from colleagues around the state and from topic experts.
Gain practical skills to apply immediately and to build your career. Learn about:
- assessing the community and stakeholders to more effectively engage them in problem-solving,
- identifying social and physical data needs so you can design a monitoring or evaluation program,
- writing a communication strategy and effectively getting your message across to diverse audiences,
- justifying implementation activities that will best address the local water resource issues, and
- pulling it all together into a work plan that could be used for a grant proposal.
Applications Due January 4th!