- This event has passed.
65th Wisconsin Land+Water Annual Conference
March 14 @ 11:00 am - March 16 @ 5:00 pm
Each March, WI Land+Water holds an annual conference to provide valuable networking opportunities, forums to discuss programs, practices, and new ideas with colleagues, a chance to build technical knowledge, and space to be reinspired by the passion for conservation across the state. The conference provides dozens of valuable, up-to-date professional improvement breakout sessions and training for county staff and supervisors, agency partners, and any conservation professionals across the state. The content of these sessions varies depending on statewide input and current issues, and typically range for agricultural management, wildlife habitat restoration, and urban stormwater practices. The sessions provide Continuing Education Credits (CEUs) and Professional Development Hours (PDHs) for technical staff to maintain current licenses and knowledge of best practices in the field.
The WI Land+Water annual business meeting is held the last morning of the conference. This meeting includes updates from the WI Land+Water Board of Directors, a forum for discussion, and voting on resolutions or other issues.
Other events occurring at the conference include the following:
- Keynote speakers
- Statewide Youth Conservation Poster & Speaking Contests, with winning speeches presented during the opening luncheon
- Awards banquet honoring the WI Land+Water Conservation Award winners
- Area Association meetings
- Land & Water Conservation Board candidate speeches and voting
- Social Hour
- Silent Auction to benefit Youth Education programs
- Raffle to benefit LCC & LCD training scholarships