- This event has passed.
The Current Webinar 3 – We the People: Social Science Applications in Water Resource Management – Aug 20 · 2 pm CDT
August 20, 2014 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The third webinar in The Current speed networking series explores social science applications related to water resource management via 10-minute topic presentations and a 20-minute QA/networking segment. The webinar is free of charge and open to Extension professionals across the region. Please use the form below to register prior to the session.
Presenters and topics include:
- Richard Moore, The Ohio State University – Farmer and cheese factory engagement in small-scale nutrient trading
- Ken Genskow, UW-Madison – Social Indicators Data Management and Analysis (SIDMA): A tool for using social indicators with watershed planning and management
- Linda Prokopy, Purdue – Climate Change and Water: Farmers’ and Advisors’ Perspectives
- Tonya Haigh, University of Nebraska-Lincoln – National Drought Mitigation Center: Planning and Social Science Resources — http://drought.unl.edu
Please take a few minutes to test your computer equipment. You may need to update software, so test your equipment prior to the webinar event.
Blackboard Collaborate – First Time Users
To join conference, please click on the link below. The webinar will be accessible 30 minutes prior to event start time.
Blackboard Collaborate Participant Link
Help and Technical Support:
1. A common problem a first-time user may encounter is the installation of meeting.jnlp. Although the file is automatically downloaded, it requires administrator rights for the computer being used before it will install. Sometimes this file will initiate installation on its own. If it does not, you will need to locate the file and start the installation process manually. If you are unable to install meeting.jnlp please login with your administrator account and reinitiate installation. If problems persist, check with your local computer administrator for assistance.
2. A Java applet is used to make the connection between your computer and the online conference. A computer may be running an earlier version of Java so that it can continue to work with older software. To use that computer, the version of Java will have to be updated. If this is not practical, consider using another computer for connecting to the conference.
- August 20, 2014
2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Event Tags:
- Social Science, Water Quality
- United States