The Current is a speed networking webinar series for professionals engaged in water-related extension, research, and conservation activities. The North Central Region Water Network and Extension Directors from all 12 North Central states are sponsoring this series to highlight the best water-related research and Extension programming in the region. Webinars will run for 60 minutes, with three 10-minute project snapshots and 30 minutes of QA/peer-to-peer interaction.
Wednesday, September 18, 2019 from 2-3pm CT
- Ellen Tarquinio, US Environmental Protection Agency
- Ryan Smith, The Delta Institute
- Greg Olson, Sand County Foundation
Most Recent Webinar:
One Water Partnerships: Innovative, inclusive, and integrated approaches to water resource management
Wednesday, August 21, 2019
This month we explored innovative, inclusive and integrated approaches to water resource management throughout the North Central Region. From Cedar Rapids, Iowa to Columbus, Ohio and beyond, we discuss how diverse stakeholders are coming together to discuss solutions and enhance water quality.
- Lorraine Winters Krzyzewski, Watershed Manager, Department of Public Utilities, City of Columbus
- Michael Kuntz, Utilities Environmental Manager, City of Cedar Rapids
- Deborah Bathke, Research Associate Professor, University of Nebraska-Lincoln National Drought Mitigation Center & School of Natural Resources